In the news
1. Ukraine: Ukraine is still holding out against Russians, who are committing war crimes with cluster bombs and attacks on civilians, journalists, and those in humanitarian corridors. Draw a direct line between Republicans and Putin or anti-Ukraine sentiments this week. Show how Republicans switched sides as their Russian contributions started drying up. Draw a clear line from TFG's extortion of Zelinsky and the delay in sending Ukraine weapons to Putin's plans for a greater Russian empire.
2. Gas Prices: Yes, gas prices are high. No, it's not Biden's fault. If you address this, make sure you frame it differently than Republicans frame it.Refer to this high prices as Putin Pump Prices and make clear that oil companies are making record profits and could produce more if they wanted to. They don't want to because it keeps prices high.
3. Texas, Florida, and other Republican states are pursing both anti-LGBTQ policies in schools and anti-women policies. #NotAfraidToSayGay. Missouri has a bill that outlaws abortion—even in the case of ectopic pregnancies. This is a death sentence for people with ectopic pregnancies. Full stop.
3. Polls shows 81% of Americans are unaware that the US had record job growth last year. We need to spread the truth far and wide, and FB is the best place to do this. Similar messages involve a reduction of the deficit last year, student debt forgiveness, and other accomplishments.
1. Call out the Republicans who are for Putin or not solidly behind Biden and Ukraine. Ukraine=Democracy and Putin=Dictatorship. Those who are pro-Putin (or anti-Biden) are attacking democracy abroad and giving comfort to our adversaries.
2. Raise awareness of the "Don't Say Gay" bill in Florida, where discussions of gender and sexuality are forbidden in elementary school and harshly curbed in older grades. We also want to show our vocal support of trans people in Texas, where the state is trying to call gender-affirming care child abuse.
3. Spread the word about jobs growth, economic wins, and Putin Pump Prices on Facebook groups.
4. Vocally support Ketanji Brown Jackson for SCOTUS!
5. Start getting out good information about voting in key states.
Please join us for Messaging Monday on March 14 at 2:00 pm ET (register here). We will no longer have Tuesday meetings; we will do tech or content-making tutorials by appointment. We'll be collaborating with Oregonizers Indivisible for some of these trainings.
Download and share the content below to as many places as possible. Visit our Graphics Library. for more great graphic content!
Download the content above and post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another platform of your choice. (Click on the image to enlarge, then right click/double finger click to "save image as"). Everything you see here is free and open source.
On Twitter: Focus on Ukraine and Republican ties to Russia, Republican attacks on America, and Biden's ability to unite NATO.
On Facebook: Focus on asking people to spread the message about jobs added and individual Biden successes or policy pieces. Also focus on Republicans voting against important bills that would help the American people such as support for veterans exposed to burn pits.
Commit to stop refuting Republican messaging with their own words. It is time to change the conversation framing to our own ground and to start talking about #DemsUniteRepublicansIncite or Republicans criming.
Do not like, retweet, or comment on Republican content online—screenshot if you must
We are working with the world to preserve democracy in Ukraine. We must preserve it at home as well. If we work together, we can help Democrats win more elections at every level. We have succeeded before, and we can do it again!
Mark your calendar
Every Monday we meet for Messaging Mondays to discuss the week's priorities and messaging. Please join us and register here!
Jennifer Rubin's article on how the political media is using a false both sides narrative to contribute to the destruction of democracy. Here is a paywall-free link.
MPD messaging resources
Check out our resources page for tip sheets, messaging guidance, Canva how-to's, Canva templates, and more! Keep coming back for updates. Get started with the following tip sheets for Twitter and Facebook.
Facebook Fun Facts will show you how to use groups to maximize engagement on Facebook.
Support our work
I won't pull the BS pleas for money because of a deadline or include a message demanding you support MPD if you support Democracy. However, I will ask politely that you chip in what you can, because we are working hard to create content and amplify it to help blue candidates in November. We are all volunteers and need funds for subscriptions to bring you better content. Can you chip in $5 today? Thank you!
Did you receive this newsletter from a friend or see it on social media?
Please subscribe to have a copy sent to your inbox each week.
Thank you for reading our newsletter and following our social media
Questions or comments?