In the news
1. Ukraine: Ukraine is still holding out against Russians, who are committing war crimes with cluster bombs and attacks on civilians, journalists, and those in humanitarian corridors. Continue to draw a clear line from TFG's extortion of Zelinsky and the delay in sending Ukraine weapons to Putin's plans for a greater Russian empire. Note that Russian propaganda TV features Fox News personalities daily to spread it's lies.
2. Gas Prices: Yes, gas prices are high. No, it's not Biden's fault. If you address this, make sure you frame it differently than Republicans frame it. Pete Buttigieg framed it really well by pointing to measures blocked by Republicans that would have made a bigger difference than gas prices in the lives of American families. Such supports blocked by Republicans include reduced insulin costs, help with the costs of child-rearing, affordable childcare, and more. See a clip of his message here.
3. Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation hearings start on Monday. Let's make sure the interwebs see how much we support her nomination.
1. Call out the Republicans who are for Putin or not solidly behind Biden and Ukraine. Ukraine=Democracy and Putin=Dictatorship. Those who are pro-Putin (or anti-Biden) are attacking democracy abroad and giving comfort to our adversaries.
2. Vocally support Ketanji Brown Jackson for SCOTUS!
3. Start getting out good information about voting in key states.
Please join us for Messaging Monday on March 21 at 2:00 pm ET (register here). This week's meeting will be guest-hosted by Ariel Knox, of Oregonizers.
Download and share the content below to as many places as possible. Visit our Graphics Library. for more great graphic content!
Download the content above and post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another platform of your choice. (Click on the image to enlarge, then right click/double finger click to "save image as"). Everything you see here is free and open source.
On Twitter: Focus on Ukraine and Republican ties to Russia, Republican attacks on America, and Biden's ability to unite NATO.
On Facebook: Focus on asking people to spread the message about Republicans voting against freedom on the state level, and defunding Covid relief on the national level.
Commit to stop refuting Republican messaging with their own words. It is time to change the conversation framing to our own ground and to start talking about #FreedomRising Republicans criming.
Do not like, retweet, or comment on Republican content online—screenshot if you must
We are working with the world to preserve democracy in Ukraine. We must preserve it at home as well. If we work together, we can help Democrats win more elections at every level. We have succeeded before, and we can do it again!
Mark your calendar
Every Monday we meet for Messaging Mondays to discuss the week's priorities and messaging. Please join us and register here!
New York Times Magazine's article Where Does Democracy Go From Here.
MPD messaging resources
Check out our resources page for tip sheets, messaging guidance, Canva how-to's, Canva templates, and more! Keep coming back for updates. Get started with the following tip sheets for Twitter and Facebook.
Facebook Fun Facts will show you how to use groups to maximize engagement on Facebook.
Support our work
I won't pull the BS pleas for money because of a deadline or include a message demanding you support MPD if you support Democracy. However, I will ask politely that you chip in what you can, because we are working hard to create content and amplify it to help blue candidates in November. We are all volunteers and need funds for subscriptions to bring you better content. Can you chip in $5 today? Thank you!
Did you receive this newsletter from a friend or see it on social media?
Please subscribe to have a copy sent to your inbox each week.
Thank you for reading our newsletter and following our social media
Questions or comments?