Key Messages and Hashtags
1. Recent tapes and texts show how Kevin McCarthy, MTG, and many Republicans running for office took part in the Jan 6 #CriminalConspiracy. It's time to center these high level Trump Republicans in the narrative and begin to paint them as unqualified for office because they planned, promoted, paid for, and participated in the Jan 6 attack on America, which started on Nov 4, 2022 and lasts up until today. Research confirms that calling them criminals (rather than traitors), and calling for accountability for all members of the #CriminalConspiracy is most effective.
2. The Heroes of the Attack on America are the Jan 6 committee, which seeks justice, and attempts to prevent further attacks on America and election sabotage in the 2022 and 2024 elections (and beyond).
3. Republicans across the country are trying (and succeeding) in making abortion illegal, imposing evangelical Christian Nationalist religious views on pregnant peoples' bodies. Many people don't know how many states will outlaw abortion if Roe gets officially overturned, and we need to make the case that we all need to have bodily autonomy and the #FreedomToThrive.
4. The Republicans are planning to raise taxes on most regular folks, dismantle Social Security and Medicare, and take away affordable healthcare. We need to elect Dems to continue to put money in Americans' pockets, give kids access to clean air and water, and make telemedicine more accessible with better broadband for all. We all deserve the #FreedomToThrive.
5. Republicans continue to double down on anti-American, anti-patriotic actions. a. Kevin McCarthy lied about his intention after 1/6 to ask Trump to resign and a host of other things caught on tape. b. Marjorie Taylor Greene called for martial law in a text and now says she doesn't recall doing so in the face of evidence. c. Saudi Prince MBS gave Jared Kushner $2b for his new fund. What kind of secrets get that kind of payoff?
Please join us for Messaging Monday on May 2 at 2:00 pm ET (register here).
Download and share the content below to as many places as possible. Visit our Graphics Library. for more great graphic content!
Jamie Raskin's Speech About MTG Supporting Putin. Watch here.
On Twitter: Focus on new information in the coup investigation, and holding Republicans accountable. Make stories the mainstream media buries trend on social media.
On Facebook: Focus on asking people to spread the message about Democrats' achievements and values.
Commit to stop refuting Republican messaging with their own words. It is time to change the conversation framing to our own ground and to start talking about #FreedomToThrive.
Do not like, retweet, or comment on Republican content online—screenshot if you must.
Download the content above and post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another platform of your choice. (Click on the image to enlarge, then right click/double finger click to "save image as"). Everything you see here is free and open source. Also, find DemCast's content here. And Into Action's content here.
There is no other way to preserve democracy than to WIN BIG in November. To that end, please talk to every single person in your network about volunteering and voting in primaries and in November. This is the #1 priority, and everything else we talk about supports that.
Mark your calendar
Every Monday we meet for Messaging Mondays to discuss the week's priorities and messaging. Please join us and register here!
Support our work
I won't pull the BS pleas for money because of a deadline or include a message demanding you support MPD if you support Democracy. However, I will ask politely that you chip in what you can, because we are working hard to create content and amplify it to help blue candidates in November. We are all volunteers and need funds for subscriptions to bring you better content. Can you chip in $5 today? Thank you!
Did you receive this newsletter from a friend or see it on social media?
Please subscribe to have a copy sent to your inbox each week.
Thank you for reading our newsletter and following our social media
Questions or comments?