1. 193 House Republicans voted against containing the cost of insulin. Does that sound like folks who care about Americans' health and well-being? #Insulin4All
2. All but three House Republicans voted against decriminalization of marijuana, which would make the justice system more just. Do these Republicans sound like people who believe in #Justice4All?
3. Republicans in Idaho, South Dakota, Iowa, and more states are trying to make abortion illegal, imposing evangelical Christian Nationalist religious views on pregnant peoples' bodies. Do these Republicans look like people who believe in #Liberty, or even #Life itself?
4. Jobs numbers came in, and the economy has added 1.7 million jobs since January. The Biden/Harris administration lowered the deficit last year by $354 billion. Deficit hawks should be pleased. The more people are employed, the more the deficit goes down!
5. Republicans continue to double down on anti-American, anti-patriotic actions. a. Ginny Thomas was intensely involved in J6 and the attempted overthrow of the government, and Justice Clarence Thomas voted to shield her. He needs to resign or recuse himself from J6 cases. b. There is a 7-hour gap in White House call logs on Jan. 6 (in contrast to 20 minutes missing in Watergate). What would these call logs reveal about the attempted overthrow of the government? c. Fox News continues to do Putin's propaganda work for him, repeating Russian talking points, even as America and our allies are fighting a war against Russia.
Please join us for Messaging Monday on April 4 at 2:00 pm ET (register here).
Download and share the content below to as many places as possible. Visit our Graphics Library. for more great graphic content!
Download the content above and post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another platform of your choice. (Click on the image to enlarge, then right click/double finger click to "save image as"). Everything you see here is free and open source. Also, find DemCast's content here. And Into Action's content here.
On Twitter: Focus on Ginni and Clarence Thomas, deficit reduction, #RepublicanTraitors, and holding Republicans accountable.
On Facebook: Focus on asking people to spread the message about Democrats' achievements, the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act, containing the cost of insulin, voting to decriminalize marijuana, and uniting the world against Russia.
Commit to stop refuting Republican messaging with their own words. It is time to change the conversation framing to our own ground and to start talking about #DemocracyNotAutocracy.
Do not like, retweet, or comment on Republican content online—screenshot if you must.
There is no other way to preserve democracy than to WIN BIG in November. To that end, please talk to every single person in your network about volunteering and voting in primaries and in November. This is the #1 priority, and everything else we talk about supports that.
Mark your calendar
Every Monday we meet for Messaging Mondays to discuss the week's priorities and messaging. Please join us and register here!
Heather Cox Richardson, "Letters from an American." on the March jobs and the economy.
MPD messaging resources
Check out our resources page for tip sheets, messaging guidance, Canva how-to's, Canva templates, and more! Keep coming back for updates. Get started with the following tip sheets for Twitter and Facebook.
Facebook Fun Facts will show you how to use groups to maximize engagement on Facebook.
Support our work
I won't pull the BS pleas for money because of a deadline or include a message demanding you support MPD if you support Democracy. However, I will ask politely that you chip in what you can, because we are working hard to create content and amplify it to help blue candidates in November. We are all volunteers and need funds for subscriptions to bring you better content. Can you chip in $5 today? Thank you!
Did you receive this newsletter from a friend or see it on social media?
Please subscribe to have a copy sent to your inbox each week.
Thank you for reading our newsletter and following our social media
Questions or comments?